Dear Family and Friends,Merry Christmas!
I love Christmas time. It is so magical and beautiful. As Kermit “Bob Cratchit” sings in The Muppet Christmas Carol, “The world is at her best, you know, when people love and care.” I have seen and felt much love and care this year, and I have seen how love can change lives for the better.
The many challenges and experiences I have had throughout this year, including heartbreak from a failed relationship, the sudden passing of a dear friend, intense service opportunities as the Relief Society president of my LDS ward, and most recently two ankle surgeries, have all brought many emotional and physical ups and downs, but in the end, I feel so blessed to be alive; to be in the care of great doctors and therapists who help me improve each day; to know that when I heal from the emotional and physical wounds I’ll be better than ever; and especially to be surrounded by my wonderful family and friends who truly are “people who love and care” and have supported and helped me with EVERYTHING. I am also especially grateful at this Christmas time for the birth of Jesus Christ and His atonement that makes everything we do possible.
One of my all time favorite stories is Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol.” Following a harrowing night of being haunted by the ghosts of his past, present, and future, Ebenezer Scrooge awakens to a beautiful Christmas morning, a changed man who “became as good a friend, as good a master, and as good a man, as the good old city knew, or any other good old city, town, or borough, in the good old world. . . . [I]t was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed, God bless Us, Every One!”
Love and peace,
Susannah
Great post - just finished reading A Christmas Carol to the boys last night and choked up on that very quote! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteSue you are the greatest EVER! I share your sentiments that of being RS Pres.. I was just called in Sept to be my ward's as well. You are simple incredible with all you do! I love you and am sp grateful to know you and be your co-sister-inlaw! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteSue, you are amazing! I've always thought so, but what a year!! Hooray for the ups and downs of life and the Atonement of Jesus Christ that makes them all not only worthwhile but a source of strength, peace, and joy.
ReplyDeletePS My Christmas won't be complete without singing with the Thomas girls. Might that be part of your plans?
PPS I would love to read more of your blog. Send me a link?
Love you Sue - the only copy of A Christmas Carol that I own was a gift from you. Thanks again and Merry Christmas to you and that ankle
ReplyDeletemerry christmas, sue! way to be short and sweet and deliver the "true meaning of christmas"! its amazing to think all of that happened THIS year! what a turn of events. may 2011 be a grand year for you and your new ankles!
ReplyDeleteLots of love, healing thoughts and prayers coming your way. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteWe love you, Sue. You add so much joy to our lives. It is a blessing to us to be your parents. We'll have a Merry Christmas together this year. THanks for the beautifully expressed Christmas message.
ReplyDeleteLove.
Mom (and Dad)