Friday, December 23, 2022

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays 2022!

Dear Family and Friends,

Merry Christmas and happy holidays! I hope this finds you and loved ones well.

As many of you know, I thrive on any opportunity to travel and go places – any place! The family joke, which isn’t really a joke because it’s entirely true, is that if anyone is going anywhere, my first question is always “Can I come?” followed by “Where are we going?” ;) I have a poster in my office urging its readers to “See The World!” I have enthusiastically accepted that challenge this past year with many travel experiences near and far and everywhere in between. 

In my travels I have seen beautiful and amazing sites, experienced wonderful food, and enjoyed many other adventures. But above all, the most significant memories for me from this past year’s adventures are the amazing opportunities I had to travel with many family and friends, to renew old friendships, to make new and lasting friendships, and to meet so many wonderful people everywhere. 

All of these opportunities have reaffirmed for me just how small this world is. Whether we live 5 miles or 5000 miles apart, we truly are all so connected with each other. (After all, it’s a world of laugh- …ok I promise not to go there. πŸ˜€) 

I am so grateful to each of you for your love and friendship, and I am so blessed to share this world with you wherever you may be. I wish you all peace, love, and joy in this season and in the new year.

Love,
Susannah


In February I was back in Disneyland with my parents, my sister Erin and her husband Travis and kids; and John and Sandi (Travis' parents). It had been a solid 3 months since my last visit to Disneyland so it was time to go back! 

In March I celebrated another birthday! This was special because we had our Canadian family with us for the first time since before the pandemic began. So fun!! 

In April I went to a big Monkees party in Philadelphia hosted by my friend Jodi Ritzen (black/grey hat on right in 3rd photo). Parties are really out of my comfort zone, but this ended up being one of the funnest things I did all year! 

At the end of April and beginning of May I fulfilled a long-time dream to visit Israel. Half of the tour group were our family and friends, and it was everything I hoped for and more.
Tel Aviv with Mom (Joppa/Jaffa in the background)
In a traditional fishing boat on the Sea of Galilee (Kinnereth) with Afton (niece)
Floating in the Dead Sea with Bec (sister) and Afton (niece)

Meditation in Shepherd's Fields in Bethlehem
I will love this view forever.
South wall of the Temple Mount right below Al Aqsa Mosque listening to a live call to prayer. I'm up at the top right in a black jacket next to the railing. The stairs in the foreground are from the 1st Century. This was the last thing we did before going home, and no one us was ready to leave.

At the end of June and beginning of July Mom, Dad, and I went on a family history tour to the UK (Scotland, England, and Wales). My former colleague Grant and his wife Linda were amazing guides.
Royal Mile in Edinburgh with Dad
Liverpool with the Four Lads😍😍😍😍
Bryn Celli Ddu - a henge in Angelsey, Wales
Coracle Museum in Cenarth, Wales
Lawn Bowling in Aberystwyth, Wales with Mom, Dad, and some of our tour group
Merlin in Camarthen, Wales with Mom and Dad
Home of my 3rd great-grandparents in Llandeusant, Wales with Mom and Dad
Home of my 4th great-gandparents in Llandeusant, Wales with Mom and Dad. This is an AirBnB now!
Big Pit Coal Mine in Blaenavon, Wales. My 3rd great-grandfather worked here as a child. 
Phone booth in a field in Abergavenny, Wales. So many spiders and spider webs.😳 

August evening with my niece who requested to "see Mike!" - meaning videos of Michael Nesmith on my phone. I have taught her well. :)

Also in August I also went to Chicago with my friend Angel Zimmerman (she took all these photos). It was my first time, and it was amazing!
Top of Willis Tower
The Bean
Color Factory

In September I had my 20th law school reunion! I'm the short one in the back, haha!

In October I attended the J. Reuben Clark Law Society leadership meetings at Aspen Grove, UT. Here are founders and past/present members of the Women in Law Committee. I love these people! :)

Also in October I went to Pennsylvania for two wonderful Micky Dolenz concerts celebrating the Monkees...
...and from an auction fundraiser for Monkeemania Radio I acquired a table sign with autographs from Micky and Coco Dolenz and all the band in the photo above. Priceless and wonderful!

In November we celebrated the 30th anniversary of the Central Utah Project Completion Act. It was SO amazing to be with so many colleagues I have worked with during the past almost 20 years and celebrate our many accomplishments. (Apologies for the poor quality of photo that I took as a screenshot; I'm sitting in front, just right of center.)

Also in November I went to California to see the Wrecking Crew in concert, including my friend Marty Ross (black hat on right in 2nd photo). One of the best experiences ever! 

And finally, for Thanksgiving I went to Indianapolis to see my sister Erin and her husband Travis and kids. I started this year of travel by joining them in Disneyland, so it's appropriate to finish the year with them!










1 comment:

  1. Susannah, I loved reading your Christmas greeting and the pictures you chose were so enjoyable and represented you year so well. I
    We're glad we could be with you to enjoy some of these events.
    Love you so much,

    Mom (and, of course, Dad, who was reading this again over my shoulder.)

    ReplyDelete